20 May Tasty Guilt-Free Roasted Chickpeas!!
Roasted chickpeas are so easy to make and a healthy alternative to chips of other processed “foods.”
- 2 Cans of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- Extra Virgin Olive oil or Coconut oil
- Sea Salt
- Optional spices to choose from: Curry, cumin, garam masala, smoked paprika, turmeric, tarragon or thyme
Here’s to how make Roasted Chickpeas:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drain and dry 2 cans of chick peas aka garbanzo beans. High in protein, fiber, iron, zinc, manganese folate and copper – these little round legumes are chock full of nutrients!
3. Toss with melted coconut oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sea salt.
4. Bake, shaking the cookie sheet a few times, for 30-40 min until crispy.
5. Then add spices and herbs you like: Curry, cumin, garam masala, smoked paprika, turmeric, tarragon or thyme. The possibilities are endless! More salt to taste….and toss all together.
Crispy out of oven and chewy once stored. Guilt free!!