30 Mar Camu Camu Immune Boosting Smoothie
Get your smoothie on with Camu Camu! Say what? This is a wonderful fruit that comes from the rain forests of Peru and Brazil. It has 60x more vitamin C than an orange! It’s scientific name is Myrciaria dubia, commonly known as camu camu, camucamu, cacari, or camocamo. This wonderful immune boosting small bushy tree tends to grow by river banks in the Amazon rain forest in Peru and Brazil. It produces reddish purple fruit similar to a cherry.
Benefits of camu camu
- Powerful antioxidant: 60x more vitamin C than an orange!
- Immune booster: Boosts your immune system to help you stay healthy and fight off infection
- Anti-inflammatory: vitamin c assists in decreasing inflammation in the body
- Helps brain function: Can support depression and improves mood
- Protects against free-radicals (created from stress, environmental toxins, inflammation, etc): Vitamin C fights free-radicals in the body
Next time you’re at your local health food store look for this powder to add to your morning smoothie for an extra immune boosting treat for your body!
My favorite wellness and immune boosting smoothie mix:
1 1/2 c Purified or filtered water
1/4 c of Blueberries
1 TBSP Hemp hearts
1 TBSP of Flax seeds
1 TBSP of Chlorella
1 TBSP Camu Camu
5 kale leaves (de-stemmed)
1 Scoop or a couple capsules emptied out of probiotics
1 dash of cayenne pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet until kale leaves are pureed in.
Please let us know your thoughts! Comment below if you had a chance to try this. We want to hear from you!
If you’re interested in more about what we do. Consider signing up for our newsletter to receive instant access to our wellness wheel assessment, 8 week health challenge, recipes delivered to your inbox and much much more!
If you’re interested in coaching and having some support around these lifestyle changes, we’d love to work with you. Receive a FREE Consultation and let us match you with one of the amazing health coaches we have standing by to work with you!